According to The Sun, Emmanuel Adebayor has been offered to Aston Villa in the January transfer window.
Villa are reportedly on the hunt for a new striker following the long-term injury to Wesley.
Adebayor is a free agent at the moment, with the former Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City striker having left Turkish side Kayserispor last month.
It has been reported by The Sun that the 35-year-old Togolese striker has been offered to Villa.
Not good enough for Aston Villa
Adebayor is past his prime, and at the age of 35, he is certainly not going to score the goals that Villa need to stave off relegation to the Championship.
True, the 35-year-old has extensive experience of playing in the Premier League, but he is not simply in a position to lead the line for the Villans.
Adebayor could be a good back-up option and someone to come off the substitutes’ bench, but Villa cannot rely on him to score goals on a regular basis.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups