According to The Northern Echo, West Ham United are interested in signing Javier Manquillo from Newcastle United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that newly-appointed West Ham manager David Moyes is interested in securing the services of the 25-year-old right-back this month.
The former Manchester United manager worked with the Spanish player when he was in charge of Sunderland.
Manquillo is out of contract at Newcastle at the end of the season, and the Magpies could decide to sell him this month and get some transfer fee.
The former Liverpool loanee has struggled during his time at the Magpies and would be an underwhelming signing for West Ham, even on a short-term deal.
According to WhoScored, the former Spain Under-21 international has made nine starts and two substitute appearances in the Premier League for Newcastle so far this season, providing one assist in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, Manquillo made 12 starts and six substitute appearances in the league for the Magpies, providing three assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative