According to The Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur have been stunned by Eric Dier’s wage demands for a new contract.
Dier, who can operate as a defensive midfielder or as a central defender, is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of next season.
The England international wants to stay at Spurs, but the 26-year-old wants more than double of his current weekly salary of £60,000, according to the report, which has added that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been taken aback by his wage demands.
According to WhoScored, Dier has provided two assists in 18 Premier League matches for Tottenham so far this season.
The England international also played five matches in the Champions League for the North London outfit this campaign, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 26-year-old made 18 starts and two substitute appearances in the league for Spurs, scoring three goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
Dier also made two starts and four substitute appearances in the Champions League for Spurs last season, according to WhoScored.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto