According to The Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur have been stunned by Eric Dier’s wage demands for a new contract.
Dier, who can operate as a defensive midfielder or as a central defender, is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of next season.
The England international wants to stay at Spurs, but the 26-year-old wants more than double of his current weekly salary of £60,000, according to the report, which has added that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been taken aback by his wage demands.
According to WhoScored, Dier has provided two assists in 18 Premier League matches for Tottenham so far this season.
The England international also played five matches in the Champions League for the North London outfit this campaign, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 26-year-old made 18 starts and two substitute appearances in the league for Spurs, scoring three goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
Dier also made two starts and four substitute appearances in the Champions League for Spurs last season, according to WhoScored.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups