Italian club Napoli are reportedly keen on signing Crystal Palace’s forward Alexander Sörloth in the summer transfer window, as per English tabloid the Daily Mail.
The Italian club, under the management of Gennaro Gattuso, are going through a transitional phase where the focus is on rebuilding the squad for the future campaigns.
One of the key areas Napoli are believed to be interested in bolstering in the summer is the attacking unit which is set to be weaken by the expected departure of star striker Arkadiusz Milik.
Therefore, as per the latest report, the Naples-based club are interested in making a move for Palace outcast Sörloth in the summer transfer window.
The 24-year-old spent the last season on loan with Turkish club Trabzonspor from the Eagles, where he was the star performer.
Sörloth represented Trabzonspor in 47 matches in all competitions, where he managed to score 31 times and provided 10 assists as well.
If the deal will go through, the Norway international will leave Palace after making only 20 first-team appearances, where he managed to score a goal and provided an assist as well.
Sörloth joined Palace in the winter transfer window of 2018 from Norwegian club FC Midtjylland.
Given that Palace have had issues in the final third in recent times, many of the Selhurst Park faithful may well hope the Norwegian is brought back into Roy Hodgson’s first-team fold.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups