Crystal Palace are on the brink of signing Dundee United starlet Scott Banks after both clubs agreed a transfer fee, according to The Sun report.
The 18-year-old midfielder already penned a pre-contract deal with the Premier League side for next season, but now a transfer fee has also been agreed between the two clubs, the report says.
Roy Hodgson’s Palace side have been interested in signing him for some time with their previous bid of £400,000 bid rejected by United, it continues.
The Scottish football club would have been due £200,000 in training compensation for the young midfielder, but they have negotiated a deal that is far higher than that now.
The Scotland U19 international hasn’t played for his team in recent months, after refusing to sign a new deal and planning to head somewhere else, with Palace seemingly one of his options.
Hodgson continues to overachieve with a Palace squad that has lacked investment in recent transfer windows.
Eagles fans will hope that Banks is one of a number of new faces that arrive at Selhirst Park this month, as the London club look to kick on and secure a top-half Premier League finish in 2019-20.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto