According to Football Insider, Leeds United believe that they will not be able to sign Andre Gray from Watford in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship club Leeds have made an enquiry about signing Gray on loan from Premier League outfit Watford this month.
The report has claimed that the Hornets want £2 million as loan fee and want the striker’s entire wages of £80,000 per week to be paid by Leeds.
Too expensive for Leeds?
While paying £2 million as loan fee for Gray should not be a problem, the weekly wage of £80,000 does appear to be a too much for Leeds.
After all, the Whites are in the Championship, and not many clubs in the second tier of English football can afford that much.
Perhaps Leeds should look at another striker who is more affordable, as the West Yorkshire outfit aim to finish in the top two of the Championship table this season and clinch automatic promotion to the Premier League.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative