According to Football Insider, Leeds United believe that they will not be able to sign Andre Gray from Watford in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship club Leeds have made an enquiry about signing Gray on loan from Premier League outfit Watford this month.
The report has claimed that the Hornets want £2 million as loan fee and want the striker’s entire wages of £80,000 per week to be paid by Leeds.
Too expensive for Leeds?
While paying £2 million as loan fee for Gray should not be a problem, the weekly wage of £80,000 does appear to be a too much for Leeds.
After all, the Whites are in the Championship, and not many clubs in the second tier of English football can afford that much.
Perhaps Leeds should look at another striker who is more affordable, as the West Yorkshire outfit aim to finish in the top two of the Championship table this season and clinch automatic promotion to the Premier League.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka