According to Alicante Plaza, Everton are interested in signing Gonzalo Villar from Elche in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Everton are among a number of teams who are keeping tabs on the 21-year-old Spaniard.
Atalanta and Juventus want the youngster, while AS Roma have made a bid of €3 million (£2.56 million) for the Spain Under-21 international midfielder, according to the report.
According to WhoScored, Villar has made 17 starts and one substitute appearance in the Spanish Segunda Division so far this season, scoring one goal in the process.
Elche are seventh in the league table at the moment with 32 points from 22 matches, as many as 12 points behind leaders Cadiz.
Good signing for Everton?
Everton’s performances and results this season have highlighted the fact that they need to refresh their squad, and midfield is a department that new manager Carlo Ancelotti needs to address.
While Villar may not be a household name, he is a very good and dynamic young footballer who can be a star for Everton in midfielder with the right coaching and facilities.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet