According to Alicante Plaza, Everton are interested in signing Gonzalo Villar from Elche in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Everton are among a number of teams who are keeping tabs on the 21-year-old Spaniard.
Atalanta and Juventus want the youngster, while AS Roma have made a bid of €3 million (£2.56 million) for the Spain Under-21 international midfielder, according to the report.
According to WhoScored, Villar has made 17 starts and one substitute appearance in the Spanish Segunda Division so far this season, scoring one goal in the process.
Elche are seventh in the league table at the moment with 32 points from 22 matches, as many as 12 points behind leaders Cadiz.
Good signing for Everton?
Everton’s performances and results this season have highlighted the fact that they need to refresh their squad, and midfield is a department that new manager Carlo Ancelotti needs to address.
While Villar may not be a household name, he is a very good and dynamic young footballer who can be a star for Everton in midfielder with the right coaching and facilities.
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City