According to The Northern Echo, Middlesbrough are interested in signing Arsenal striker Eddie Nkeitiah and Tottenham Hotspur winger Jack Clarke.
It has been reported that Championship club Middlesbrough have considered signing winger Clarke on loan from Spurs, and that Boro manager Jonathan Woodgate is a “huge fan” of Arsenal striker Nkeitiah.
Winger Clarke, 19, and 20-year-old striker Nkeitiah were on loan at Leeds for the first half of the season, but they were recalled by their respective parent clubs Leeds and Arsenal in the January transfer window after failing to get enough playing time at Elland Road.
Middlesbrough are not having a good season in the Championship and are unlikely to finish in the playoffs.
Boro could do with young and dynamic players in their squad, and both Clarke and Nkeitiah are feasible options.
It is hard to see the winger or the striker play regular first-team football in a Premier League team this season, and a loan move to Boro and working under Woodgate would aid in their development and progress as a footballer.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager