According to Football Insider, Darren Randolph has told his club Middlesbrough that he wants to join West Ham United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Ham want to sign the Republic of Ireland international as a back-up to first-choice goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.
The report has claimed that the Hammers will increase their initial offer of £2 million, with the 32-year-old telling Championship outfit Middlesbrough that he wants to go back to the London Stadium.
Good signing for West Ham United?
Randolph was on the books of West Ham for two seasons from 2015 until 2017 before he made the switch to Middlesbrough after struggling for regular first-team playing time at the Hammers.
The former Birmingham City goalkeeper is a very good player who will enhance the quality of manager David Moyes’s squad.
The Republic of Ireland international will be a good option to have on the substitutes’ bench, and he will also push Fabianski.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups