According to Football Insider, Darren Randolph has told his club Middlesbrough that he wants to join West Ham United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Ham want to sign the Republic of Ireland international as a back-up to first-choice goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.
The report has claimed that the Hammers will increase their initial offer of £2 million, with the 32-year-old telling Championship outfit Middlesbrough that he wants to go back to the London Stadium.
Good signing for West Ham United?
Randolph was on the books of West Ham for two seasons from 2015 until 2017 before he made the switch to Middlesbrough after struggling for regular first-team playing time at the Hammers.
The former Birmingham City goalkeeper is a very good player who will enhance the quality of manager David Moyes’s squad.
The Republic of Ireland international will be a good option to have on the substitutes’ bench, and he will also push Fabianski.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City