According to The Mirror, West Ham United are interested in signing Ross Barkley from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that the Hammers want to secure the services of the former Everton attacking midfielder on loan until the end of the season.
West Ham manager David Moyes worked with the 26-year-old England international at Everton and reportedly wants to bring him to the London Stadium this month.
However, according to the report, Chelsea do not want to let Barkley leave on loan in the January transfer window.
Barkley joined Chelsea from Premier League rivals Everton in January 2018 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £15 million.
The England international has struggled to make an impact at Stamford Bridge so far and is not guaranteed a place in manager Frank Lampard’s starting lineup.
According to WhoScored, the 26-year-old has played 429 minutes in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, and made 13 starts and 14 substitute appearances in the league for the Blues in 2018-19.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups