According to The Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur wanted to sign Louie Barry from Barcelona, but the former West Bromwich Albion prospect is heading to Aston Villa instead.
It has been reported that Villa are hoping to complete the signing of Barry from Spanish and European giants Barcelona this week.
The report has claimed that the Villans’ Premier League rivals Tottenham also showed interest in the 16-year-old striker, who moved to Barca only in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Brom.
According to the report, the deal will cost £3 million for Villa, who won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of last season.
Barry is a very talented and promising young striker who struggled during his time at Barcelona in the first half of the season.
The 16-year-old has a lot of potential, and playing for the Villa youth team for the next two or three years will help in the development and the progress of the teenager.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative