According to The Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur wanted to sign Louie Barry from Barcelona, but the former West Bromwich Albion prospect is heading to Aston Villa instead.
It has been reported that Villa are hoping to complete the signing of Barry from Spanish and European giants Barcelona this week.
The report has claimed that the Villans’ Premier League rivals Tottenham also showed interest in the 16-year-old striker, who moved to Barca only in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Brom.
According to the report, the deal will cost £3 million for Villa, who won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of last season.
Barry is a very talented and promising young striker who struggled during his time at Barcelona in the first half of the season.
The 16-year-old has a lot of potential, and playing for the Villa youth team for the next two or three years will help in the development and the progress of the teenager.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction