According to The Northern Echo, Swindon Town and Salford City are interested in signing Will Grigg from Sunderland in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that the Northern Ireland international striker is attracting interest from League Two duo Swindon and Salford.
The report has added that Sunderland are demanding £4 million as transfer fee, and that along with the 28-year-old’s wage demand are going to be a problem.
Disappointing Sunderland spell
Grigg has been at Sunderland since January 2019 when he joined from Wigan Athletic.
The former Brentford striker was expected to be a key figure in the Black Cats’ quest to finish in the top two of the League One table last season, but he struggled to make an impact.
Grigg has been a disappointment for Sunderland this campaign as well, and has struggled to play regularly for the Black Cats.
The Northern Ireland international striker has made eight starts and 11 substitute appearances in League One for Sunderland so far this season, scoring just one goal and providing only one assist in the process, acceding to WhoScored.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups