According to Football Insider, Rangers wanted to sign Curtis Jones from Liverpool in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Rangers made an approach to Liverpool sign Jones on loan for the rest of the season.
However, according to the report, the Premier League club have turned down the offer from the Gers and do not plan to send the 18-year-old midfielder out on loan this month.
Jones is only 18 years of age and was superb for Liverpool in the recent Merseyside derby against Everton in the FA Cup.
The England Under-19 international midfielder is relatively inexperienced and is not ready to play for the Liverpool first team on a regular basis, but training under manager Jurgen Klopp will see him develop and progress as a footballer.
With Liverpool aiming to win the Premier League title and the Champions League this season, the Reds will need a big squad, and Jones could get more playing time in the coming weeks and month.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups