According to The Telegraph, Newcastle United are interested in signing Danny Drinkwater, who is on loan at Burnley from Chelsea at the moment.
Drinkwater joined Burnley on loan from Premier League rivals Chelsea in the summer transfer window.
However, injury problem has restricted the 29-year-old midfielder to just 59 minutes in the Premier League for the Clarets so far this season, according to WhoScored.
The Telegraph has claimed that Newcastle have looked at the possibility of landing the former Leicester City star on loan from Chelsea in the January transfer window, but the deal now seems “unlikely”.
Drinkwater joined Chelsea from Leicester in the summer of 2017 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £35 million.
The England international has struggled to make a huge impact at Stamford Bridge and has made only a handful of appearances for the Blues so far.
It is hard to see Burnley manager Sean Dyche retain the services of Drinkwater on a loan deal for the second half of the season.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City