According to The Sun, Crystal Palace may wait until the summer of 2020 to make a move for Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard.
The British tabloid has reported that Premier League outfit Palace want to sign Edouard from Scottish Premiership giants Celtic in the January transfer window.
However, according to the report, the Hoops cannot afford to lose the Frenchman in the middle of the season as they are facing a stiff competition from bitter Old Firm rivals Rangers for the Scottish Premiership title.
According to The Sun, Palace manager Roy Hodgson may wait until the summer of 2020 to make a move for the £30 million-rated striker.
Edouard is a very good striker and is a key figure in Neil Lennon’s Celtic team.
While £30m is a lot of money, it is hard to see the Hoops find a suitable replacement for the Frenchman in the middle of the season, and it would be best for him if they retain his services until the summer of 2020.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself