According to The Yorkshire Evening Post, Leeds United will send Conor Shaughnessy out on loan to Burton Albion.
Shaughnessy joined League Two outfit Mansfield Town on a season-long loan deal from Championship club Leeds in the summer of 2019.
However, the Whites have decided to recall him from his loan spell at the One Call Stadium, Mansfield manager Joe Dunne has said, as quoted in The Yorkshire Evening Post.
The Yorkshire Evening Post has claimed that Leeds now plan to send the 23-year-old, who can operate as a central defender or as a central midfielder, to League One club Burton.
Shaughnessy made 14 starts and one substitute appearance in League Two for Mansfield during his loan spell this season, providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
With Burton a division above Mansfield in League One, it would make sense for Leeds to send him to Nigel Clough’s side for the second half of the 2019-20 campaign.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups