According to Football Insider, Everton were interested in signing Reece James from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Everton wanted to sign James on loan from Premier League rivals Chelsea in the summer of 2019.
The report has also calmed that the Toffees expressed an interest again in securing the services of the 20-year-old full-back again this month.
However, according to the report, the youngster has agreed a new contract with Chelsea and will stay at Stamford Bridge.
James made 44 starts and one substitute appearance in the Championship during his loan spell at Wigan Athletic last season, scoring three goals and providing three assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
So far this season, the England Under-21 international full-back has made five starts and five substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea, and has also made two starts and two substitute appearances in the Champions League for Frank Lampard’s side, according to WhoScored.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups