According to a report by Birmingham Live, Chelsea manager Frank Lampard will not allow midfielder Ross Barkley to leave at a cut-price.
The England international moved to Villa in the summer and has impressed for the Midlands club. The 27-year-old has gone on to make six Premier League appearances for the club and has scored twice.
He played a starring role in Villa’s memorable 7-2 win against defending champions Liverpool in October.
Based on his performances for the club so far, it is a no brainer that Villa will be looking to sign Barkley on a permanent basis in the summer.
The long-term future of Jack Grealish could have a massive impression on whether the club makes a move for the on-loan Chelsea star. Grealish’s departure will leave a void of creativity that Barkley would be perfect to fill.
The one concern that Villa may have about Barkley is his injury record. There has been further evidence of that this season, as the midfielder hasn’t featured for the Villains since a 2-1 defeat against Brighton & Hove Albion two months ago.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer