Chelsea have turned down loan enquires from West Ham for defender Emerson Palmieri, according to The Mirror.
The Hammers are looking for new defensive options given that Arthur Masuaku is currently injured.
Since joining the Blues from Roma in 2018, the Italian has not managed to become a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge.
He was a bit-part player in his first three seasons at the club but now appears to be surplus to requirements, given that he has only played twice in the Premier League so far this season.
The arrival of Ben Chilwell from Leicester City last summer appears to have ended any hope that the left-back would have had of becoming a regular at Chelsea.
The report added that the Blues are hesitant to let the player leave this month given that they are in poor form and there will be a lot of games coming up for the team as they are still fighting in three competitions.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager