Chelsea have turned down loan enquires from West Ham for defender Emerson Palmieri, according to The Mirror.
The Hammers are looking for new defensive options given that Arthur Masuaku is currently injured.
Since joining the Blues from Roma in 2018, the Italian has not managed to become a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge.
He was a bit-part player in his first three seasons at the club but now appears to be surplus to requirements, given that he has only played twice in the Premier League so far this season.
The arrival of Ben Chilwell from Leicester City last summer appears to have ended any hope that the left-back would have had of becoming a regular at Chelsea.
The report added that the Blues are hesitant to let the player leave this month given that they are in poor form and there will be a lot of games coming up for the team as they are still fighting in three competitions.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups