Chelsea are interested in re-signing Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford, according to Don Balon.
The 27-year-old has exceeded expectations so far this season as he has scored 11 goals in 21 Premier League games.
Chelsea currently have Timo Werner, Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham within their ranks. Though Giroud has performed relatively well given his role in the team, the same cannot be said of Abraham and Werner who have both struggled for consistency.
Bamford was previously at Chelsea for five years after joining the club as a teenager from Nottingham Forest in 2012. However, he never managed to make a single Premier League appearance for the Blues.
The striker has been at Elland Road since 2018 and has gone on to scored 36 league goals in 87 appearances during that time.
It is unlikely that Giroud will remain at Stamford Bridge beyond this season given his desire to play regular games, and the 27-year-old could be a good replacement for the veteran.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager