Chelsea are facing serious competition from league rivals Liverpool for the signing of German club RB Leipzig’s star striker Timo Werner, as per the Mirror.
The Blues are currently battling it out on the domestic front where they are placed on the fourth position of the league table and are also competing in the UEFA Champions League.
In January, it is expected that the London-based outfit might end up with only one striker—Tammy Abraham—as both Olivier Giroud and Michy Batshuayi are expected to leave the club in the mid-season transfer window.
For this purpose, Chelsea are willing to make a move for Werner who is one of the hottest young strikers in Europe and has been attracting interest from the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid in the recent past.
The 23-year-old has been at the club since the summer of 2016 when he moved from league rivals VfB Stuttgart.
Since then, the versatile striker has represented his current club in 140 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 86 goals along with providing 37 assists.
In the ongoing campaign, Werner has been in inspirational form after already managing to score 26 times along with 10 assists in just 26 appearances.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka