Celtic have rubbished reports suggesting that star player Olivier Ntcham was ever in “advanced talks” to join West Ham, according to The Scottish Sun.
The midfielder started in and scored during the Hoops 3-0 away win against St Johnstone on Wednesday and this would have been unlikely to have happened if he was about to move away from the team.
Celtic man Ntcham has been impressive since his 2017 arrival at Parkhead and has gone on to win virtually everything that there is to win in Scottish football.
It was reported last summer that the 23-year-old wanted to move away from Scotland and this could explain why he has more or less been used as a squad rotational player this season.
During recent games, Hoops manager Neil Lennon has used a 3-5-2 formation and we have seen Ntcham being deployed in his strongest position behind the front two.
It is understandable to see why Ntcham may have been pushing for a move away from Parkhead.
He does need to be playing for a club within Europe’s top five leagues if he wants to stand a chance of pushing for selection to the French national team.
Ntcham still has two and a half years remaining on his contract with Celtic.
He has been a success since his arrival at the club from Manchester City and the Hoops will probably be able to get a decent sum of money if they sell him.
- Leon Goretzka signs new contract at Bayern Munich
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace