Celtic have rubbished reports suggesting that star player Olivier Ntcham was ever in “advanced talks” to join West Ham, according to The Scottish Sun.
The midfielder started in and scored during the Hoops 3-0 away win against St Johnstone on Wednesday and this would have been unlikely to have happened if he was about to move away from the team.
Celtic man Ntcham has been impressive since his 2017 arrival at Parkhead and has gone on to win virtually everything that there is to win in Scottish football.
It was reported last summer that the 23-year-old wanted to move away from Scotland and this could explain why he has more or less been used as a squad rotational player this season.
During recent games, Hoops manager Neil Lennon has used a 3-5-2 formation and we have seen Ntcham being deployed in his strongest position behind the front two.
It is understandable to see why Ntcham may have been pushing for a move away from Parkhead.
He does need to be playing for a club within Europe’s top five leagues if he wants to stand a chance of pushing for selection to the French national team.
Ntcham still has two and a half years remaining on his contract with Celtic.
He has been a success since his arrival at the club from Manchester City and the Hoops will probably be able to get a decent sum of money if they sell him.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer