Crystal Palace are ready to outbid Glasgow Celtic in the race for the signature of young Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey according to The Sun.
Hickey has been an integral part of the Hearts set-up this season, making 18 appearances in the Scottish Premiership.
He has been one of the few bright spots of the club’s season with the Edinburgh outfit rooted to the bottom of the table.
Hickey is expected to cost Palace £1.5 million, a fee higher than Celtic’s valuation.
Celtic however will benefit from his move with the club entitled to 30% of the profit Hearts make on him.
A lifelong Hoops fan, he was released by Celtic as a kid and they are regretting letting him go now.
The Eagles are expected to loan the youngster back to the Tynecastle club till the end of the season if they secure his signing.
Hickey is a versatile player who can play central midfield and has also played as a right back and centre back this season.
The 17-year-old wants guaranteed first team minutes and Celtic cannot offer that while Palace’s move of loaning him back to Hearts being key to the deal.
Hickey will be Palace’s second signing of this transfer window after the loan move of Turkish striker Cenk Tosun who scored on his first start against Manchester City on Saturday.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups