Glasgow Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon wants a move out of Parkhead with Premiership club Hearts interested in capturing his signature, as per the Scottish Sun.
The 37-years-old has been struggling for game time since he lost his place to Scott Bain last year, and now he is desperate to leave the club.
He reportedly desires to be part of Scotland’s squad for the Euro 2020 which looks unlikely if he continues warming the bench as Fraser Forster’s back-up.
Therefore, he has pleaded with the Bhoys to allow him to leave in search of greater football action, and it is believed that his former club Hearts are interested in hiring his services.
But with Bain currently injured and Conor Hazard out on loan at Dundee, Gordon’s departure this month looks highly unlikely, not unless the Hoops can find a cover for Forster.
The experienced goalie started his career at Tynecastle before landing a big move to Sunderland in 2007, where an injury proved to be a hindrance to his progress.
But his subsequent move to Glassgow did well to rebuild his reputation as he gave impressive performances and won major honors at Celtic Park.
He has been enduring a difficult time at Celtic now with only six appearances to his name this campaign.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer