Glasgow Celtic defender Jozo Simunovic is set to hold talks with the club for a contract extension, as per the Scottish Sun.
The 25-year-old has had his injury complaints in recent times but has shown over his time at Parkhead that he can be an important man for the Hoops.
Simunovic is in the final year of his contract with Celtic and is now free to negotiate with other clubs as he can join them as a free-agent in the summer.
However, as per the latest report, Celtic are quite keen to keep the former Croatia U21 international at the club and are at least considering to extend the player’s contract for another 12 months.
Therefore, for this purpose, the player’s camp and Celtic’s representatives are set to have negotiations in the near future.
Simunovic has not been able to take part as much as he would’ve liked for Celtic in the ongoing season, largely because of a serious knee injury.
The centre-back has been with the Hoops since the summer of 2015 when he moved from Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb.
Since then, Simunovic has represented his current club in 120 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score four goals and also provided two assists.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups