Glasgow Celtic have received a major boost regarding the future of on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster and midfielder Mohamed Elyounoussi, as per Celticquicknews.
The Hoops are going through an outstanding season on the domestic front where they are placed on the top of the league table with 80 points after 30 matches, 13 ahead of second-placed Rangers, who have a game in hand.
However, Celtic’s charge towards another league title has been halted by the Coronavirus outbreak. which put the sports competition all over the world on hold.
As per the latest report, the Celts are highly optimistic that they will be able to extend the loan deals of Forster and Elyounoussi—both of whom belong to Premier League outfit Southampton—and are reportedly ready to let the duo stay with the Scottish club for another loan spell.
Forster has been one of the star performers for Celtic in the ongoing campaign, where he has managed to keep 17 clean sheets in 39 appearances in all competitions.
On the other hand, Elyounoussi too has been very impressive for his current club, whom he has represented in 20 matches in all competitions and already has seven goals along with six assists to his name.
Celtic may well be looking at the possibility of making the pair’s loan moves permanent, but this will be dictated by the date of the return of football and the transfer window.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka