Glasgow Celtic are reportedly ready to offer a bumper deal to young right-back Jeremie Frimpong in the coming days, according to Football Insider.
The Hoops had another successful season—on the domestic front—where they were crowned champions in the first tier of Scottish football as the season was called off due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
During the 2019-20 season, a number of players produced the goods on the field for Celtic but one of the star performers was Frimpong.
It was because of this reason, the right-back was named the club’s young star of the campaign.
The young full-back showed a lot of promise on the right side of the defensive unit with pace and game awareness.
As per Football Insider, the Celts’ hierarchy is now considering to reward the 19-year-old with a new bumper deal.
The report also stated that Celtic are willing to offer the Netherlands U20 international a significant pay rise in the new deal as well.
Frimpong has joined Celtic in the summer of 2019 from English Premier League giants Manchester City’s U23 team for a reported transfer fee of just £342,000.
Since then, the pacey right-back has represented his current club in 22 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score twice and provided four assists as well.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka