Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic are in talks with Paris Saint-Germain over a potential move for Moussa Sissako according to The Daily Mail. (print edition, 01/10/2020, page 93).
The youngster is believed to have been one of three players that the Parkhead giants have been in contact with this month.
Celtic are set to face a strong test in the race to win the Scottish Premiership this season from arch-rivals Rangers and so it would be smart for them to make a few additions to their squad before the end of the month.
The report added that the 19-year-old has been on the radar since a UEFA Youth League clash between the two team’s in 2017.
It would be of mutual benefit to both PSG and Celtic if Sissako joins the Hoops before the end of the month on a loan deal.
He has yet to taste a single minute of competitive action for the French giants since the start of the campaign and it is difficult to see this changing by the time the season ends.
By joining Celtic, Sissako will be in an environment where he will have good chances of gaining first-team football.
This will allow him to grow as a player and will also allow PSG to gauge whether they see him as part of their future first-team plans.
Born in France, Sissako has represented his country of birth as well as Mali in youth international games.
His current contract at the Parc des Princes is due to end in 2021 so now will also be a good time for PSG to sell if they do not see him being part of their future plans.
Celtic have conducted recent business with PSG, signing Odsonne Edouard and Timothy Weah from the Parisian giants.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka