Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic have been monitoring the progress of Peterborough United striker Ivan Toney and have sent scouts to watch him twice recently, according to the Daily Record.
The Hoops have been overly reliant on Odsonne Edouard in the final third this season, with the Parkhead outfit potentially looking to add to their attacking options.
Although Patrick Klimala has been added to the Celtic squad this month, the latest report suggests that 23-year-old forward Toney is in the Glasgow giants’ sights.
The former Newcastle United striker has been impressive in League One this season and is spearheading Peterborough’s push for promotion to the Championship.
Toney has netted 17 league goals this term, making him the division’s top scorer.
Celtic have raided the English Football League successfully in the past, with the lost-cost capture of Moussa Dembele from Fulham leading to a big profit.
The Hoops are locked in a title battle with cross-city rivals Rangers and have a two-point advantage at the top of the table.
Celtic are back in action on Saturday with a league clash against Ross County at Parkhead.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager