Belgian club Genk are closing in on completing the signing of fringe Glasgow Celtic midfielder Eboue Kouassi, as per HLN.
The 22-year-old has not featured for the Bhoys after suffering a serious knee injury in 2018 during a Betfred Cup semi-finals win over Hearts.
Therefore, as per the latest report, Genk are now closing in on the signing of Kouassi as they look to bolster their midfield for the rest of the campaign witht he Celtic man.
The report further stated that the defensive midfielder will join the Belgian club on an initial loan deal with an option to make it permanent in the summer of 2020.
If the deal goes through, Kouassi will leave Celtic after spending three seasons at Parkhead following his January 2017 move from Russian club FK Krasnodar.
Since then, Kouassi has only managed to represent the Hoops in 22 matches in all competitions, where he provided a solitary assist.
The move is unlikely to affect Celtic who are currently placed on the top of the Scottish Premiership with 52 points after 20 matches, two-ahead of second-placed Rangers, who still have a game in hand.
It is not clear whether Celtic will be looking to bring any replacements for the departing midfielder in the January transfer window.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto