According to Football Insider, Celtic were interested in signing Conor Coventry from West Ham United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that the Scottish Premiership club made an offer for the West Ham midfielder.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international midfielder recently sign a new three-and-a-half contract with the London club.
The report has claimed that the Hoops tried to convince the 19-year-old midfielder to move to Celtic Park on a permanent basis in the summer of 2020 when his previous contract with West Ham was due to run out.
One for the future
Coventry is a very talented and promising young midfielder who can be a star for West Ham in the coming years.
Celtic’s reported interested in the teenager shows just how highly he is rated in the footballing community.
The 19-year-old will hope to establish himself in the West Ham first team in the coming years.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself