According to The Daily Mail, Celtic are interested in Manchester City youngster Ian Poveda, who is also on the radar of Leeds United.
It has been reported that Poveda, who can operate as a winger or as an attacking midfielder, is out of contract at defending Premier League champions City at the end of the season.
The report has claimed that Scottish Premiership giants Celtic are “long-term admirers” of the 19-year-old, who is also of interest to Leeds in the Championship in England.
Need for a winger
Both Celtic and Leeds are aiming to have successful seasons, and both the Hoops and the Whites need to sign a winger in the January transfer window.
With Scott Sinclair having left for Preston North End in the Championship in England in the January transfer window, a space has opened up in manager Neil Lennon’s squad for a winger.
Leeds also need to replace Jack Clarke, with the winger having gone back to his parent club Tottenham Hotspur after failing to get much playing time during his loan spell at Elland Road during the first half of the season.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet