Glasgow Celtic attacker Daniel Arzani is set for an exit from the club after a disastrous spell at the Scottish club, according to SBS.
Signed on loan from Manchester City in 2018, the Australian attacker has suffered from injuries which have put pay to any future at the Hoops.
His injury problems have been so bad that Arzani has played just 27 minutes for the Celtic first team in two appearances ,15 months apart.
The 21-year-old made his debut for the Parkhead club on 31 October 2018 off the bench against Dundee but tore his ACL ,which kept him out of action for almost a year.
His only other appearance for the senior team came in January this year in a Scottish Cup game against Patrick Thistle.
Prior to Celtic, Arzani was loaned out to Melbourne City in the A-League where he impressed, making 18 appearances in the 2017-18 season.
This led to him making his Australian debut aged just 19 and even featured for the Socceroos at the World Cup in Russia in 2018.
Australia coach Graham Arnold described Arzani as “our greatest young talent” but now fears that his potential will go unfulfilled.
Age is on his side though and his agents are reportedly looking at moves to Germany, Holland or Belgium in an attempt to reset his career.
Arzani claims that he has enjoyed being at Celtic but the lack of playing time has forced his hand to look for a move away from the club.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups