According to The Liverpool Echo, Celtic are interested in signing Lewis Gibson from Everton in the January transfer window.
Gibson is out of contract at Everton at the end of the season, although the Toffees are reportedly in talks with the 19-year-old defender over a new deal.
The teenager is delaying putting pen to paper on a new contract, as he wants assurances over his progress at the Merseyside outfit and the plan for his future prospects at Goodison Park, according to the report.
The Liverpool Echo has claimed that Fleetwood Town, Rotherham United and Ipswich Town, Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar are interested in Gibson, and so are Celtic.
Gibson is only 19 years of age, and one can understand why the teenager is not in the Everton first team.
However, for the young defender to commit his long-term future to Everton, he needs to know that he will be part of the first team if he plays well for the youth team and makes progress.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups