Celtic are in the lead to sign Veron Parkes from West Ham United this summer, according to Football Insider.
The report added that the Hammers youth player has rejected the chance to sign a new contract with his current club. This means that he will likely be sold for a bargain price this summer.
The Scottish Premiership could be a good environment for the youngster to grow and develop as a player so there is a good chance that he could be tempted to join Neil Lennon’s Celtic side ahead of next season.
Jeremie Frimpong has developed immensely since leaving Manchester City to join the Hoops and this could also be influential if Parkes is to move to Scotland.
Parkes has excelled for West Ham’s youth sides this season as he has scored 13 goals and provided six assists in 19 games for the club’s U-18 and U23 team’s.
One of his major strengths is that he is versatile, being able to slot in in any position across the front-line.
Parkes has been on the books of the Hammers for the past three years after joining them from Crystal Palace.
He is now at a stage of his career where he should be playing first-team football. Considering that he did not feature for the Hammers this season, that would have been unlikely to happen soon if he opted to remain.
Celtic will also face competition from clubs in the MLS as well as from England, added the report.
The Bhoys supporters will be keen for their side to recruit new signings in the summer as the Parkhead club look to secure an illustrious tenth top-flight title in a row.
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness