Celtic are interested in signing James McCarthy from Crystal Palace, according to Eurosport.
The report added that the Republic of Ireland international is open to moving to Parkhead as he grew up as a Celtic fan.
The 30-year-old has become a bit-part player for Palace. He has only played in five Premier League games this season.
McCarthy has a wealth of experience, as he has played for more than a decade in the Premier League. He has represented the likes of Wigan Athletic, Everton and currently Palace in the English top-flight.
The report added that the Hoops would consider selling Olivier Ntcham in January to raise funds to move for McCarthy. Palace themselves may be open to a sale.
The Eagles are currently eight points clear of the relegation zone. They can still finish in the top half with a string of good results. However, they will also be wary that they could be in the relegation dogfight with a run of bad results.
Celtic are a mammoth 16 points behind Rangers in the Scottish Premiership table. The Gers will be the overwhelming favourites to lift the title, but Celtic can bolster their side with the acquisition of McCarthy.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager