Celtic are interested in signing James McCarthy from Crystal Palace, according to Eurosport.
The report added that the Republic of Ireland international is open to moving to Parkhead as he grew up as a Celtic fan.
The 30-year-old has become a bit-part player for Palace. He has only played in five Premier League games this season.
McCarthy has a wealth of experience, as he has played for more than a decade in the Premier League. He has represented the likes of Wigan Athletic, Everton and currently Palace in the English top-flight.
The report added that the Hoops would consider selling Olivier Ntcham in January to raise funds to move for McCarthy. Palace themselves may be open to a sale.
The Eagles are currently eight points clear of the relegation zone. They can still finish in the top half with a string of good results. However, they will also be wary that they could be in the relegation dogfight with a run of bad results.
Celtic are a mammoth 16 points behind Rangers in the Scottish Premiership table. The Gers will be the overwhelming favourites to lift the title, but Celtic can bolster their side with the acquisition of McCarthy.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer