According to The Guardian, Celtic and Nottingham Forest are interested in signing Glenn Murray from Brighton and Hove Albion in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that Brighton will allow Murray to leave this month if they are able to bring in a replacement striker.
The 36-year-old English striker is out of contract at the Seagulls at the end of the season.
Both Celtic and Forest are big and ambitious clubs, and Murray would be a very underwhelming signing, even for the short term.
The striker is 36 years of age, and having not played much football so far this season, he could take a while to get going.
While the Hoops are aiming to win the domestic treble in Scotland and also in the knockout rounds of the Europa League, Forest are aiming to clinch promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.
It would be better for both Celtic and Forest if they look elsewhere to sign a striker this month.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest