Brighton are considering recalling Percy Tau from his loan spell with Anderlecht in January, according to Belgian outlet HLN.
The South African international joined the Seagulls in 2018 following a series of terrific performances in his homeland for Mamelodi Sundowns. Even though it is considered that Tau possesses the necessary skills to succeed in the Premier League, it was complicated for Brighton to secure his work permit in the UK due to South Africa’s lowly FIFA ranking.
The report added that Tau may now be eligible for a UK work permit and added that Brighton would recall him to their first team if they are successful in securing the permit.
Since joining Brighton, Tau has had loan spells in Belgium with Union SG, Club Brugge and currently Anderlecht where he plays under Manchester City legend Vincent Kompany.
Tau seems to get better with every loan spell, and he has scored four goals in eleven league games so far this season for Anderlecht.
Internationally, Tau is regarded as the best attacking player in the South African national team. He has recorded 12 international goals in 28 appearances for his country and is one of the few bright sparks to emerge from South African football since the retirements of Steven Pienaar and Benni McCarthy.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups