Bournemouth have been linked with a move for Newcastle United midfielder Matt Ritchie, according to The Chronicle.
The 31-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at St James’ Park this season, having only made eight Premier League appearances so far this term.
A move back to the Vitality Stadium could be appealing to Ritchie. The Scotland international previously played for the Cherries between 2013 and 2016, helping them to achieve promotion from League One to the Premier League.
The Magpies find themselves currently in a precarious position. They have lost their last five Premier League games and are just six points clear of the relegation zone.
Should their current form continue, they could be dragged into the dogfight at the bottom of the league.
Due to his vast experience playing in the Premier League, Ritchie could provide the club with much-needed strength in depth and experience, which would be vital if they were involved in the relegation scrap.
On the other hand, Steve Bruce will be looking to bolster his squad before the end of the transfer window, and parting ways with Ritchie could help free up space in the team.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet