Bournemouth have been linked with a move for Newcastle United midfielder Matt Ritchie, according to The Chronicle.
The 31-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at St James’ Park this season, having only made eight Premier League appearances so far this term.
A move back to the Vitality Stadium could be appealing to Ritchie. The Scotland international previously played for the Cherries between 2013 and 2016, helping them to achieve promotion from League One to the Premier League.
The Magpies find themselves currently in a precarious position. They have lost their last five Premier League games and are just six points clear of the relegation zone.
Should their current form continue, they could be dragged into the dogfight at the bottom of the league.
Due to his vast experience playing in the Premier League, Ritchie could provide the club with much-needed strength in depth and experience, which would be vital if they were involved in the relegation scrap.
On the other hand, Steve Bruce will be looking to bolster his squad before the end of the transfer window, and parting ways with Ritchie could help free up space in the team.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer