Newcastle attacking midfielder Miguel Almirón has generated interest from so-called elite clubs in the Premier League, according to his agent Daniel Campos.
The 26-year-old joined the Magpies in January 2019 from Major League Soccer (MLS) outfit Atlanta United. He has been one of Steve Bruce’s better players, which has led to speculation linking him with a move to La Liga side Atletico Madrid.
Campos has now insisted that the Spanish giants are not the only side that is interested in his client. He even went as far as to claim that the Paraguay international would not be currently playing for Newcastle if not for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bein Sports’ Roberto Rojas has released the full transcript of what Campos said on Twitter.
“Look, I was able to come in contact with their coaching staff (Atletico Madrid) and they told me that they were interested and just scouting him, but never in the position to make an offer,” said Campos.
“They were just looking at him. But I think in the future, it’s possible, why not?
“There are also big teams in England for which they are inquiring about him and we talk.
“I have no doubt will leave, I think it will happen soon, perhaps in June (2021) because this year, everything was disorganized on the transfers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative