A report in The Liverpool Echo has claimed that Brighton and Hove Albion defender Ben White has emerged as a potential target for Liverpool.
The Reds are in desperate need of defensive reinforcements. They have even resorted to deploying captain Jordan Henderson in a back-four due to lack of options.
Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are currently out of action due to long-term injuries. The lack of defensive options has begun to impact results, as Jurgen Klopp’s side are without a win in three.
Their lapse in form has seen them lose pole position in the Premier League standings to arch-rivals Manchester United and they will need to bounce back soon if they want to win a second consecutive league title this term.
White is adequately experienced at the highest level, having spent a full season on loan with Leeds United. Meanwhile, he has been a regular for the Seagulls this season.
The 23-year-old still has flaws in his game, but he has proven this term that he could provide adequate cover for van Dijk.
Brighton are unlikely to let go of White easily. The Seagulls rejected bids as high as £30 million for the central defender in the summer.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction