Bayern Munich have been linked with a surprise move for West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek, according to Teamtalk.
Since joining the Hammers in January, the 25-year-old has been impressive and played a big part in helping the club avoid relegation last season.
The Czech Republic international initially joined the Hammers on loan in January 2020 from Slavia Prague. However, after impressing, he was rewarded with a permanent contract.
In addition to becoming a key part of the first-team at West Ham, Soucek has also become a firm fan favourite. The Hammers have excelled during this first half of the season. Much of their success is down to the midfield partnership between Soucek and Declan Rice.
He once again demonstrated his value to the Hammers team last week, as he scored the equaliser in their 2-1 victory over Leeds United.
David Moyes is likely to do whatever he can to prevent a transfer from happening.
The player’s form would have certainly attracted the attention of elite teams. There isn’t much West Ham could do should a substantial offer from Bayern Munich arrive.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto