Bayern Munich have been linked with a surprise move for West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek, according to Teamtalk.
Since joining the Hammers in January, the 25-year-old has been impressive and played a big part in helping the club avoid relegation last season.
The Czech Republic international initially joined the Hammers on loan in January 2020 from Slavia Prague. However, after impressing, he was rewarded with a permanent contract.
In addition to becoming a key part of the first-team at West Ham, Soucek has also become a firm fan favourite. The Hammers have excelled during this first half of the season. Much of their success is down to the midfield partnership between Soucek and Declan Rice.
He once again demonstrated his value to the Hammers team last week, as he scored the equaliser in their 2-1 victory over Leeds United.
David Moyes is likely to do whatever he can to prevent a transfer from happening.
The player’s form would have certainly attracted the attention of elite teams. There isn’t much West Ham could do should a substantial offer from Bayern Munich arrive.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups