Barcelona are currently not negotiating with Arsenal for striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to reliable transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The 32-year-old has been linked with a potential exit from the Gunners amidst concerns over his form and heavy salary.
The Gabon international was poor last season, scoring just 10 Premier League goals in 29 games.
When Aubameyang first joined the Gunners in 2018, he was expected to help lead the club to major trophies and into the Champions League.
That has not happened, and the Gunners may have to offload him soon as it will not be sustainable to pay his wages if they are not challenging for major silverware.
However, Barcelona are currently in turmoil due to the financial problems which forced them to part ways with club legend Lionel Messi this summer.
Romano added that the Blaugrana’s priority remains on trying to sell players rather than bring in new faces just yet.
In addition to Messi, other notable departures from Camp Nou included Junior Firpo, Jean-Clair Todibo, Carles Alena and Juan Miranda.
The season ahead promises to be a challenging one for Ronald Koeman’s side, and it will be difficult for the club hierarchy to realistically expect him to win La Liga and the Champions League.
Players such as Sergio Aguero and Gerard Pique will have to lead from the front this season so Barcelona can achieve consistency on the field.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer