Aston Villa will reject any advances for captain Jack Grealish this month, according to the Daily Mail.
The 25-year-old is a vital part of the Villains squad. He played a crucial role in helping the Midlands outfit avoid relegation last season and has continued to impress this term as Villa target a European place.
Grealish’s performances have led to him establishing himself as one of the best midfielders in England, and there is an excellent chance that he will be named in the national team squad for the European Championships next summer.
Manchester United and Manchester City are believed to be keeping tabs on Grealish, with the former considering him as a viable replacement for the unsettled Paul Pogba.
City’s midfield has been depleted following the departure of club legend David Silva last summer and Grealish could be the player to provide a creative spark for Pep Guardiola’s side.
Villa must savour the moments that they have with him. There is no doubting Grealish’s loyalty to the club, but he could be tempted to move in the summer to try and win trophies.
He is approaching the prime of his career, and the chance to play in the Champions League will appeal to him.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager