Aston Villa are unlikely to make an offer for Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard in January after being priced out of the move, according to The Athletic.
The Celtic star has been strongly linked with a move to the Villains this January as Dean Smith looks to bolster his attacking options. The report claimed that Celtic are likely to want in addition of £40 million for the striker, which is beyond the budget of Villa.
Since his arrival at Celtic in 2017, Edouard has proven to be a major success. He has scored 72 goals in 147 appearances in all competitions and has helped the club to win three consecutive Scottish Premiership titles.
There is no doubt that Edouard will now be looking for a new challenge. His next target will be to break into the France team, and there is little chance of that happening if he remains in Scotland.
He will need to be playing in one of Europe’s top five leagues if he wants to gain selection to the ultra-competitive national team. A product of Paris Saint-German, Edouard failed to break into the first team of his boyhood club.
He also had an unsuccessful loan spell with Toulouse in France before starting to find his feet once he joined Celtic.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest