According to The Sun, Aston Villa are interested in signing Olivier Giroud from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported by the British tabloid that Villa are looking for a replacement for striker Wesley, who is out for the rest of the season with posterior cruciate ligament injury.
The report has claimed that Villa manager Dean Smith has Giroud among the strikers he is eyeing as a replacement.
While Villa are fighting for survival in the Premier League, a move to Villa Park does make sense for Giroud.
After all, the France international striker is struggling for playing time at Chelsea at the moment and is unlikely to feature regularly under manager Frank Lampard between now and the end of the season.
The 33-year-old remains a very good striker, who won the Europa League with Chelsea last season.
The former Arsenal star has played just 192 minutes in the Premier League and only 17 minutes in the Champions League for Chelsea so far this season, according to WhoScored.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer