According to Mercato365, Aston Villa are interested in signing Islam Slimani from Premier League rivals Leicester City in the January transfer window.
Slimani is on loan at Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco from Leicester at the moment, and Villa are reported to be interested in bring the Algeria international striker to Villa Park this month.
Dean Smith’s side are reportedly on the hunt for a new striker due to the injury to the season-ending injury to Wesley, who joined the club in the summer of 2019.
Slimani joined Leicester from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2016 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £29 million.
Much was expected of the Algerian when he arrived at the King Power Stadium, but the striker has failed to make an impact at the Foxes.
The striker was on loan at Newcastle United in 2018 and spent the 2018-19 campaign on loan at Turkish giants Fenerbahce, according to WhoScored.
So far this season, Slimani has made 11 starts and two substitute appearances in Ligue 1 for Monaco, scoring seven goals and providing seven assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto