Aston Villa goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic is edging closer to completing a loan move away from the club in the coming days, as per Daily Mail.
The Villans are going through a tough campaign on the domestic front where they are involved in a relegation battle and are currently placed on the 18th position of the league table with just 22 points after 23 matches, two away from the safety zone.
However, as per the latest report, despite having problems in the defensive unit, the Villa hierarchy has decided to let goalkeeper Kalinic leave on loan in the ongoing transfer window amidst interest from Belgian club Genk and French Ligue 1 outfit Toulouse.
The report further stated that the goalkeeper is likely to leave the Midlands club in the next seven days.
The Croatia international has been at Villa since January 2019 when he moved from Belgian club KAA Gent.
Since then, the 29-year-old has only managed to represent his current club in eight matches in all competitions where he has conceded 15 times and managed to keep just a single clean sheet.
In the ongoing campaign, Kalinic has not been able to represent Villa in a single game and therefore, his departure is looking imminent.
Villa have added Pepe Reina to Dean Smith’s ranks this month, making Kalinic’s exit appear all the more likely.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups