Aston Villa are reportedly willing to sign Brentford’s star winger Said Benrahma in the upcoming summer transfer window, according to the Athletic.
The Villans are going through a difficult first season back in the Premier League where they are involved in the relegation battle.
When the season stopped due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis, Villa were placed in the 19th position of the league table with 25 points, two behind 17th placed Watford while having a game in hand.
Therefore, as per the Athletic, Villa are interested in making a move for Benrahma in the upcoming transfer window.
However, the report stated that Villa’s hierarchy will only make a move for the 24-year-old if the club manage to secure Premier League football next season.
The Algeria international has been with the Championship club since the summer of 2018 when he moved from French Ligue 1 outfit OGC Nice.
Since then, reported Villa target Benrahma has represented his current club in 79 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 21 goal and provided 25 assists.
In the ongoing campaign, the versatile winger has been in inspirational form for the Bees where he has managed to score 10 goals and provided eight assists as well.
Villa fans will hope that their side can rally in the final part of the season and secure their top-flight status once football returns next week.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer