Aston Villa star Douglas Luiz has been offered to Juventus, according to Tuttomercatoweb.
The midfielder has been capped by Brazil five times, and has been a first-team regular for Villa since 2019 after joining from Manchester City. He has played a pivotal part of the Midlands side success, as he has made 45 league appearances, scoring three goals.
Villa are likely to find it difficult to keep hold of the Brazilian in the future, as could attract interest from teams in the Champions League. The 22-year-old could be willing to listen to an offer from the Old Lady, as it would give him the chance to play under legendary midfielder Andrea Pirlo.
Manchester City also have a buy-back clause in the contract for the midfielder. Pep Guardiola’s side will be able to buy the Brazilian back if they wish. He is now a classy player, and with Fernandinho nearing the end of his career, this may be an option that City may consider.
City have been struggling for consistency over the 12 months. They will need to make wholesale changes to their side at the end of the season, and Luiz could be a signing that makes sense for the club.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself